Sprinkle a little Pixie Dust over Mother’s Day this year with these pretty, scented Tinker Bell homemade bath bombs.
What You'll Need
- 240g bicarbonate of soda (also called baking soda)
- 120g cream of tartar
- 1 tsp of green food colouring
- 2 tsp of lime and ginger food flavouring
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mixing bowl (a glass bowl is best as it won’t absorb the scent)
- Spray bottle with some water inside
- Moulds (ice cube trays or plastic moulds)
- Fine gold glitter (optional)
How To Make It
- Mix the cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with your fingers. Get the kids to help mix the ingredients.
- Using the gloves, add the food colouring and mix this in with your fingers. Add the food flavouring and olive oil and mix it together quickly with your hands, before the mixture has a chance to fizz. If the mixture becomes clumpy, rub the clumps between your hands to turn them back into powder.
- Spray a tiny amount of water onto the mixture and keep mixing it together. (You only need a tiny amount of water, so add it a drop at a time.) The mixture should hold its shape when you squeeze it hard in your hand.
- If using, place some glitter in your mould for decoration. Spoon the mixture into your mould and press it down with your fingers to make bath bombs. If you’re using a two-part mould, slightly over fill each half and press them together tightly. (Don’t twist, just press.)
- Gently tap your bath bombs out of the mould. Leave the bath bombs to dry somewhere warm on a tea towel or kitchen roll for a couple of hours.
- Store your bath bombs in tissue paper out of direct sunlight and use within two weeks.
Tip! Decorate your bath bombs or wrap them up nicely using tissue paper, ribbon and bags ready to make someone smile this Mother’s Day!