Want to dress up as the enchanted candelabra Lumiere? Be our guest!
Light up the room with this super simple Lumiere costume – perfect as a last minute fancy dress costume or for your kids to put on Beauty and the Beast inspired play.
What You'll Need
- A4 white paper or cardboard
- Large piece of white cardboard
- Clear tape
- Hole punch
- Elastic or ribbon
- Gold or yellow clothes
- Orange and yellow tissue paper (optional)
How To Make It
- Print out the Lumiere templates on A4 paper and cut out - you may need more than one print out to fit around your child’s head.
- Start by dressing your child in gold or yellow clothes to replicate Lumiere's colouring.
- Roll the candlestick hand templates around your child’s wrists and tape to secure the cylinder shape.
- Glue the smaller flames and dripping wax to the top of the candlestick hands. Alternatively, use torn orange and yellow tissue paper.
- To create the candlestick hat, choose a piece of white cardboard large enough to wrap around the front of your child’s head - approximately ear to ear. Glue the gold candlestick rim to the bottom of your card
- Use a hole punch to make a hole at either side of the gold candlestick rim, and thread elastic or ribbon through these holes to fit the head of the wearer.
- Glue the larger flame to the top of the candlestick hat.