Total Time 1h 45m
Prep Time 45m
Cook Time 1h
Your kids will fall in love with this Doc McStuffins lunchbox treat!
How To Make It
- To make the hummus, remove the stem and most of the root from your beetroot and scrub it underwater until it’s clean. Then wrap the clean beetroot in foil with a little olive oil and roast at 180* for 1 hour or until tender (you should be able to insert a knife without resistance). Once it’s cooked, put it in the fridge (in a bowl to catch the juice) to cool to room temperature.
- When the beetroot has cooled, blend with the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, chickpeas, pine nuts and water until you have a smooth, creamy consistency (add more warm water if you need to).
- Now make your veggie dippers. Slice the carrot and cucumber into circles and cut hearts out of the middle of the circles using the heart cutters or a knife. Then place the carrot hearts into the cucumber circles, and vice versa.
- To make a love heart sandwich, cut a heart shape out of one of the slices of granary bread then spread jam over the other slice. Finally, put the slice slice of bread on top of the jam to make a sandwich.
- To make cute tomato hearts, start with the toothpick arrows by sticking pieces of paper cut into arrow flight shapes to one end of a toothpick. Next cut away a quarter of each tomato at an angle and skewer two of the tomatoes together with the toothpick. Easy!