There’s nothing like good company and some yummy bobotie. This recipe will leave everyone wanting seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions. Fry the onions until soft and brown
- Add the garlic, cumin, turmeric, ground coriander, cinnamon, paprika and curry powder and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Stir all the time
- Add the mince and stir (use a fork) until the mince is cooked and browned. Add the salt.
- Place the lid on the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes at very low heat to cook the mince.
- While the mince is cooking, add the 40 ml milk to the breadcrumbs to soak
- Once the mince is cooked, add the soaked breadcrumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, raisons(or almonds) and the chutney. Mix well and spoon into the 4 prepared poppadom cups in the muffin pan
- Beat together the egg and the 100 ml milk and season with salt and pepper to make your egg custard
- Pour the egg custard over the mince in the poppadom cups. Do not overfill the cups. Place a bay leaf on every little bobotie
- Bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven until cooked and golden brown.