Summer is all about salads. But, instead of the usual boring side salad, make the salad the main course with this delicious recipe!
- Place the chicken fillets between two plastic bags and use a meat mallet to flatten slightly.
- Brush the fillets with 5ml of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat and grill the chicken fillets for about 3 minutes on each side until cooked and golden brown. Remove from the heat and keep to the side to cool.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Add walnuts and roast it until crisp and golden brown – this will only take a few minutes. Be careful not to burn the nuts. Remove from pan and cool. Mix the following ingredients together to make your salad dressing: Greek yoghurt, sour cream, lime juice and zest, chopped chives and the rest of the olive oil. Mix well.
- Cut the chicken fillets into strips and mix with the grapes, celery, walnuts and the apple.
- Stir the yoghurt dressing through the salad and dish up into two plates.
- Garnish with extra chives, grapes and lime wedges.
- This salad is delicious once ice-cold, a few hours after you’ve made it.