Serve these sliders as a delicious starter before a braai or even have them as a main meal for lunch. Sliders are extremely popular these days and for good reason!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Season the chicken and place in a plastic bag, add the buttermilk and seal. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from marinade, let the excess buttermilk drip off. Roll the chicken fillets into the flour (you will not use all the flour), then into the egg and lastly into the panko crumbs and let the breadcrumbs completely cover the chicken pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat and cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side until it is cooked and golden brown. Drain off the excess oil on paper towel.
- Mix the smoked chili pesto, low fat cream cheese and chopped sweet peppers together.
- Place the slider buns on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes to heat and to crisp.
- Cut the buns in half, spread with smoked chili pesto & cream cheese mixture, add crispy chicken fillet, top with the caramelized onion and some rocket. Serve with coleslaw on the side.