Try these meatballs with a delicious citrus twist next time you have a family lunch. Everyone will walk away impressed.
- Place the lamb, egg, half of the chopped onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, cumin seeds and chopped parsley in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix until well combined. Shape small meatballs – each weighing about 35 g.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs until cooked and browned on both sides - using medium heat. Remove from the saucepan and keep on the side until the sauce is ready (tip – use two forks to turn your meatballs)
- Add the rest of the onions to the frying pan and fry until the onion is soft and starting to brown.
- Add the orange juice, lamb stock, tomato puree, chopped tomato, olives and the orange zest. Place lid on the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the meatballs, reduce the heat and cover with the lid. Cook for about 5 minutes on very low heat for the flavours to blend
- Spoon into your serving dish. Top with the chopped parsley and the orange slices.