Looking for something tasty to cook for breakfast? If so, you should definitely try this spinach and cheese breakfast strata. It’s easy and simple to make!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat and add the onion.
- Sauté the onion in the butter until it is cooked. Add the spinach and nutmeg and stir fry until the spinach has wilted and is cooked.
- Use salt and pepper for seasoning only.
- Spread half of the bread cubes in a well -greased oven proof dish and top with the spinach mixture, the chopped sweet peppers and most of the grated cheeses (leave a little cheese to put on top of your dish before placing it into the oven).
- Top with the rest of the bread cubes and then with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and mustard.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning only and pour evenly over the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until puffed, golden brown and cooked.
Optional - leave out the sweet peppers and top your dish with some crispy bacon