Looking for a vegetarian dish to serve at a dinner party? Well, this vegetable korma will make everybody happy, even the meat eaters.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat and add the sunflower oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts, chili, masala, cinnamon, cardamom, garam masala, turmeric and ground coriander. Cook whilst stirring for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, yoghurt, honey and water. Place lid on saucepan and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a short while. Blend the sauce with a stick blender until very smooth (you can do this in the saucepan).
- Place the saucepan back on low heat, add the vegetables (sweet potato, cauliflower and beans) and sultanas. Cook until the vegetables are soft – about 15 minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Serve with naan bread, fresh coriander and toasted coconut flakes.